Team POWER is a 2003 American animated superhero film produced by T.J. Entertainment and Imperium Entertainment for Paramount Pictures. The fifth feature film from T.J. Entertainment and the fourth from Imperium, it was directed and co-written by Trevor Jordan and co-written and produced by Nicholas Pockes and Sean Andrews. The film follows four high school students who are discovered by an organization called SAFE when they learn they have superpowers they must use to stop the evil organization Big Danger.
Jordan wrote the film's original screenplay in October 2001, which took prominent influence from and parodied superhero films of the early 2000s. After he revised it with Pockes and Andrews, production began in April 2002 and lasted until January 2003. The film stars the voices of David Kaufman, Janice Kawaye, Ryan Ashbury, Tara Strong, Daran Norris, and Stefán Karl, and its score was composed by John Debney.
Team POWER premiered at the Fox Wilshire Theater in Beverly Hills on July 20, 2003, and was released in the United States on August 8, 2003. It received mixed to positive reviews from critics, who praised its animation, characters and humor, but was criticized by some as being derivative. The film earned $78 million worldwide over its $18 million budget, making it the fifth highest-grossing animated film of 2003, and was later released on DVD and VHS on December 9, 2003, and on Blu-ray on May 10, 2011.
- David Kaufman as Thomas "Tommy" Lightman, the leader of Team POWER who possesses the special power of lightning
- Janice Kawaye as Alex Ericsson, the co-leader of Team POWER who possesses the special power of teleportation
- Ryan Ashbury as Bryce Middleton, the third member of Team POWER who possesses the special power of fire
- Tara Strong as Elizabeth Asimov, the fourth and final member of Team POWER who possesses the special power of telekinesis
More coming soon!
- The film's teaser trailer was released on November 20, 2002, and was attached to films such as Treasure Planet, Eight Crazy Nights, and Die Another Day.
- The first theatrical trailer was released on March 11, 2003, and was attached to films such as Agent Cody Banks, The Core, and Holes.
- The second theatrical trailer was released on May 1, 2003, and was attached to films such as X2, Daddy Day Care, and Bruce Almighty.
- TV spots for the film were released from June to August 2003.
- Further information: Team POWER: Music from the Motion Picture